Notice: Registration is closed for this past CSS event. However, we frequently add new learning experiences. To check our current list, click here.
Mayer Brown LP and CSS will be hosting a vibrant, lunchtime planning session on Regulation Best Interest and Form CRS for advisers, dual registrants and investment advisers, to be held at Mayer Brown’s Chicago office on Aug. 19.
Broker-dealers must deliver Form CRS to each retail investor prior to or at the earliest of making a recommendation of an account type, securities transaction or investment strategy to, or opening a brokerage account or placing an order for, the retail investor.
Investment advisers must deliver Form CRS to each retail investor before or at the time they enter into an investment advisory contract with such person.
With the compliance date arriving in less than a year, get ahead of these impactful rule changes by joining us!
11:00 am -11:30 am
Registration & Lunch
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Introduction: Stephanie Monaco, Mayer Brown
- What Reg BI, Form CRS and the Fiduciary Standard of Care Interpretation entails for advisers, dual registrants and Broker-Dealers
- Identifying conflicts – Grappling with disclosure vs. mitigation/elimination
- Planning, considering operational changes, work flow timelines
- Building out a conflicts inventory
- Mapping out policies and procedures
- Conversation starters -Issues, training
- Planning and organizing Form CRS – a single relationship summary or two?
- Format, length and content
- Design features, use of graphics, tools and links
- Descriptions of products and services: 12 areas to cover
- Filing and updating, transition, website and public availability
- Acknowledging other financial services
- Considerations for automated advisory services
- Delivery: Timing, existing customers, new clients and updates
- Electronic posting – Website considerations
Stephanie Monaco is a member of the Corporate & Securities practice. She advises investment management firms, investment companies and hedge funds across a broad range of investment management needs. Formerly an attorney with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, Stephanie brings a deep understanding of the regulatory environment to counseling clients on issues of compliance and product development.
Jackie is an Executive Director of Ascendant consulting at CSS and has over 25 years’ regulatory and risk management experience. She was the founder of National Regulatory Services (NRS) which started the compliance resource business and served as its President for over 20 years. She also founded the National Society of Compliance Professionals (NSCP), a non-profit organization for compliance officers, staff and lawyers serving the compliance industry.
Ariana is a Senior Consultant for CSS and offers broad expertise on securities and investment advisory regulations. Her experience working in senior compliance positions at various financial services firms allows her to offer effective and comprehensive compliance solutions while maintaining a big-picture orientation. Ariana has established a strong background in developing robust compliance programs for organizations and partnering with business leaders to mitigate risk.
Anna T. Pinedo
Anna Pinedo is a partner in Mayer Brown’s New York office and a member of the Corporate & Securities practice. She concentrates her practice on securities and derivatives. Anna represents issuers, investment banks/financial intermediaries and investors in financing transactions, including public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities, as well as structured notes and other hybrid and structured products.
Date: Monday, August 19
Time: 11 am – 1 pm
Place: Mayer Brown – 71 South Wacker Drive, 32nd Floor – Chicago, IL 60606
Please bring government-issued photo identification for building security clearance.
Space is limited – RSVP early!
Registration is closed for this past CSS event. However, we frequently add new learning experiences. To check our current list, click here.