Compliance and Risk Management, Solved
Your business is global. Your presence is expanding. Imagine controlling your enterprise compliance and risk functions within a single platform.
For compliance teams, pulling it all together is a complex and laborious process fraught with the perils of what might have been missed along the way. ACM’s enterprise compliance management platform makes it easy to monitor your offices, facilitate communication, meet your regulatory requirements, build and maintain a library of your documentation, track workflow, map risk, and complete post-trade compliance testing and reporting. Powered by Ascendant’s experience in the field, ACM tackles the unique challenges faced by enterprise firms and provides the insight necessary for critical business decisions.
Policies and procedures management, risks and issues management, audit management, all together, at your fingertips. The compliance process is fractured. Make it seamless with ACM.
What Can ACM Do For Your Enterprise?
Policy & Procedures Management
- Maintain and distribute a comprehensive library of policies and procedures (drafts, approvals and revisions) integrated with risks, testing and the Annual Review.
- Collaboratively change and refine policies, procedures and responsibilities, while maintaining accuracy and alignment with practices
- Adopt and maintain current and archived manuals for Books and Records compliance, as well as produce detailed audit trails.
- Create a uniform framework for managing risk across several entities, affiliates and advisers.
- Manage existing risks, identify new risks, categorize, weigh impact and likelihood, and map controls to related policies and testing to manage and mitigate exposure.
- Use the “Snapshot” feature to instantly document an audit trail and summarize risks within the firm.
- Link identified controls to related policies, tests and certifications.
Compliance & Risk Testing
- Enable authorized users to easily access custom test scripts and templates.
- Easily log testing results, capture documentation, and identify issues in a single form.
- Develop a testing & resource schedule, monitor test status and manage identified issues.
Branch & Multi-office Management
- Streamline communication by assigning workflow directly to inspectors or branch employees.
- Create custom forms & checklists to easily capture data while executing remote or on-site audits.
- Easily archive, merge and analyze completed audit reports in a central location.
- Efficiently distribute new policies & procedures and monitor employee attestations.
Organization Communication & Workflow
- Simplify communication across departments and teams using an integrated Calendar linked to firm policies, risks, tests, certifications and trainings.
- Collaborate with your team with secure document sharing and chat features.
- Automatically track and funnel workflow and activity data into the corresponding sections of 206(4)-7 Annual Review reporting.
Sub-Adviser and Third Party Due Diligence
- Effectively manage a vast network of sub-advisers and vendors with integrated communication and workflow tools (calendar, chat, Outlook integrations, etc.).
- Distribute materials & forms, monitor completion of assignments through real-time reporting, and manage delinquency with auto-generated reminders.
- Provide sub-advisers and vendors a dashboard of upcoming and outstanding assignments to facilitate the completion of tasks.
- Quickly distribute employee training materials throughout the organization with the ability to quickly identify and resolve delinquencies.
- Create custom forms to test and document employee comprehension.
- Leverage internal training materials or purchase Ascendant training programs.
- Easily manage onboarding of new employees by maintaining standard documents and forms to be assigned upon hiring.
- Facilitate a holistic approach to compliance and risk across your global organization with executive-level report generation.
- Leverage comprehensive data tracking to produce a broad range of reports—from macro level trends
within your organization to granular, topic-based activity tracking.
- Fulfill your Annual Review Rule 206(4)-7 requirement based upon aggregated workflow and testing data.
Use filters and one-click report generation to seamlessly create and distribute reports within your organization.
Trading Compliance & Reporting
- Monitor the firm’s trading compliance using the fully integrated Sentry platform.
- Compare trade executions to industry standard benchmarks with Markit TCA™.
- Identify side-by-side management issues and evaluate the fairness of order aggregation and trade sequencing procedures.
- Monitor for cross trades and principal transactions, market manipulation and insider trading.
Code of Ethics Management
- Pre-clear employee trade requests and connect them directly to firm policies and reporting.
- Process trades through a robust rules engine which includes restricted lists, de minimis, holding period, short sales, excessive trading and more.
- Preclear political contributions and log gifts and entertainment, with custom thresholds.
- Exception flagging to identify, escalate and record potential violations.
- Run reports on approved transactions, quarterly statements and annual holdings reports.